For millions of years a battle has raged on in Detroit that makes the Battle of Troy look like playground teasing. Every Detroiter has their allegiance and there never has been a clear winner or loser. The object of our affection? Coney Dogs. Grilled hot dogs wrapped in a warm flaky bun, topped with meaty chili, spicy mustard, and sweet onions. And now, the professionals are stepping in to weigh in on the war. Travel Channel’s “Food Wars” will be crowning a champion Coney Island tomorrow night (Wednesday at 10pm). Featuring the original neighboring contenders, American and Lafayette Coney Islands. Who will win? (Detroit Moxie knows but she’s not telling) tune in! Will this put an end to the suffering and battling that divides this city? Doubtful.
Tag Archives: coney dogs
- I want to win tickets to the #BestofDetroit party @motorcitycasino from @becksdavis & Detroit Moxie. bit.ly/l0mKDE #moxietix 5 years ago
- @facethestation gets a great write-up in one of my favorite publications @GOOD http://bit.ly/cPPlb5 6 years ago
- According to @GE_Reports #Detroit is the 3rd best city for electric #car integration! http://bit.ly/cWYVxh 6 years ago
- I went to a wine tasting at @cafemusero and got to talk to their wine specialist about the fantastic restaurant http://bit.ly/9lysAo 6 years ago
- Such an amazing time at the @FreepMarathon! Thanks to everyone who made it happen! Cant wait to do 26.2 next year! http://bit.ly/btmi3u 6 years ago
apparel art community coney dogs Corktown Detroit Donate Eastern Market festival Food Fucking Awesome Fest Hanging Garden Project Imagination Station Loveland Marathon music Northern Lights Lounge Organization Peoples Art Festival Pewabic Pottery Running Russell Industrial Sports street fair Tourism Wooodward Dream Cruise